Support blog for all victims/survivors of sexual assault, molestation, incest, domestic violence and abusive relationships.
Any asks or submissions sent to us regarding false accusations will not be posted or responded to. This is a safe haven for people who have been through trauma and we want to avoid causing undue stress - doubt is not welcome here.
Trigger warning can (and should) be assumed for all content, please don't hesitate to ask if there's something specific you'd like tagged.
y’all should preemptively block tumblr user so-rapeable, and you should do it without looking at their blog
Ten rape prevention tips:
1. Don’t put drugs in women’s drinks.
2. When you see a woman walking by herself, leave her alone.
3. If you pull over to help a woman whose car has broken down, remember not to rape her.
4. If you are in an elevator and a woman gets in, don’t rape her.
5. When you encounter a woman who is asleep, the safest course of action is to not rape her.
6. Never creep into a woman’s home through an unlocked door or window, or spring out at her from between parked cars, or rape her.
7. Remember, people go to the laundry room to do their laundry. Do not attempt to molest someone who is alone in a laundry room.
8. Use the Buddy System! If it is inconvenient for you to stop yourself from raping women, ask a trusted friend to accompany you at all times.
9. Carry a rape whistle. If you find that you are about to rape someone, blow the whistle until someone comes to stop you.
10. Don’t forget: Honesty is the best policy. When asking a woman out on a date, don’t pretend that you are interested in her as a person; tell her straight up that you expect to be raping her later. If you don’t communicate your intentions, the woman may take it as a sign that you do not plan to rape her.
If you are in the USA, your school is probably in violation of Title IX.
For more information on Title IX, click here.
On a personal note, though, I am so sorry that happened to you. It is absolutely awful that you had to drop out of something that could benefit you because of this asshole. It is so unjust that we have to live in fear and alter our lifestyles because there are so many disgusting people in the world.
Why Does He Do That?: Inside the Minds of Angry and Controlling Men, by Lundy Bancroft (via purpequeenblackmagicalgirl)
i do not care about remorseful abusers, i see your remorse as a weapon that you will eventually pull out when your victim does not forgive you fast enough.